Information Collected by the Site
Information Directly Provided to Us
Although you are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site, when you use certain Site functions and register for various services or access certain content or features of the Site, KWIK FUND may ask you provide your information to us, which may include but not be limited to the following: contact information, including your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number, username, and password, various posted information, search queries conducted on the Site and any correspondence or contacts you send to KWIK FUND.
Automatic Collection of Your Information
When you visit and interact with the Site, information may be collected from you automatically, including, but not limited to: your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser, web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you visited the Site, advertisements that you view and links that you click within the Site, your bandwidth speed, software programs you use on your computer, viewing and click-through information, server log information, server log information and information collected through HTML cookies and similar technologies.
Use of Your Information We Collect
We track user information and your involvement as a Member of the Site for certain services provided on the Site.
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as information about your account, updates, changes to the Site, promotions about products, services and messages about our own business and marketing partners. If you signed up for our newsletter(s), we also will send you the newsletter that you requested or other related information.
Cell Phone Communications
With your consent, we may use your cell phone number (or home phone in the event you provide us with such information) to send you notifications, promotions, or other services.
Fulfillment of Services
We may use the information that we collect from you to fulfill your requests for services, information, and products, which may include our use of your information to contact you concerning customer service requests or to enable you to participate in certain functions on the Site such as surveys, polls and contests and fundraising campaigns.
We may use your information to determine more about how our Site is used; as such, we may aggregate and analyze the data that we collect from you.
Furthermore, KWIK FUND may use the information that we collect from you for any other purposes that may be disclosed to you from time to time and at the time we collect your information or according to your consent.
The Sharing of Information
KWIK FUND values your privacy and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. KWIK FUND will make information about you that is collected as a result of your visiting the site, available to other persons, companies, or applications in some or all of the following circumstances:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties (including advertisers) to help KWIK FUND develop services, information, content, advertising, and services that we hope that you will find useful. KWIK FUND’S agrees not to share contact information with third-party advertisers on the Site;
- If you choose to engage in activities on the site such as posting comments on message boards, such information can be read, collected, and/or used by others. You must exercise extreme caution in disclosing any personal information in public activities or submissions;
- We may engage or employ third parties to perform Site-related services such as maintenance, analytics, database management, marketing, data processing, and text message and email distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform such tasks on KWIK FUND’S behalf;
- We may share information about you to in response to search warrants, judicial proceedings, subpoenas, court orders, or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims;
- Moreover, in addition to the above, KWIK FUND may share information about you for any other purposes that may be disclosed to you from time to time and at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please be aware that third parties may independently collect information and data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site.
Deactivation of Your Membership Account
You can deactivate your membership account at any time by sending an email request to email@example.com. When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but any comments or posts that you have made may remain on the site. The Site has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities.
Cookies and Various Technologies
As discussed in the sections on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising, some information is collected about you automatically through cookies and other technologies.
- Cookies. You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply if you are using a different computer or Internet browser. In addition, many third-party advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To opt out of having information collected by NAI member companies used for behavioral advertising, to obtain information about the technologies these ad networks might use, and to view information regarding their privacy policies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
- Flash Cookies. You can control how Flash cookies are used by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site or other applicable sites. Adobe enables you to allow some Flash cookies from certain websites, limit Flash cookies’ storage capacity, and disallow Flash cookies altogether. In addition, if you use Mozilla Firefox for your Internet browser, you can download add-ons to automatically delete your Flash cookies every time you close your browser.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on the Site, but the advertising may not be targeted to your interests.
Security and Confidentiality
KWIK FUND limits access to your contact information to those associated with KWIK FUND (such as employees, representatives or services contractors) who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information so as to provide the information and services (or products) on the Site to you, in order to do their jobs. Be advised that no data storage or transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and protected. Although we desire your comfort in using the Site, we simply we cannot ensure, warrant or guaranty the security and protection of any information you transmit to us or we collect from you (from visiting or use of the Site).
Children under 13
KWIK FUND does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If at any point in time we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as reasonably possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us immediately.
The Site’s offices are located in the United States. If you visit the site from a country outside of the United States, be aware that any information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed in and transferred to the United States and will be subject to U.S. law. U.S. privacy and data protection laws may not be the same or similar to the laws in your country of residence. By you using the Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, storage, transfer and processing of information to and in the United States.
Questions, Comments, and Suggestions
4101 McGowen Street
Long Beach, CA 90808